I'm going to rejuvenate my interest in blogging by kicking off a new tag on my blog called geekfit.
This will be a story of my very opinionated journey in rebooting my health and fitness. This first post will be a summary of my current state and my plan to improve it. Future posts will dive into different aspects of my plan.
Warning: Don't try this at home without talking to your doctor and or trainer.
In 2013 I was in the best shape of my life. I ate a pretty strict Paleo diet, I ran at least three days per week, drank 64 ounces of water per day, and got as close to eight hours of sleep as I could each night.
Since that time I allowed stressful events in my life to affect my health and fitness. I am not eating very healthy these days and do not exercise very often at all. It sickens me that I've thrown away so much progress "cuz reasons". I have aspirations of helping others in this area some day, but not if I do not have myself in order first.
- 165 lbs
- 15% body fat
- Run 2 miles in 18 minutes
- Do a short strength building warm up to start the day, to increase functional strength.
- Eat a Paleo diet (there's actually more to it than just what you eat). http://robbwolf.com/what-is-the-paleo-diet/
- Practice Intermittent Fasting. http://jamesclear.com/the-beginners-guide-to-intermittent-fasting
- Complete the Couch to 5k training program. https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/run-5k-gps-pedometer-couch/id537949100?mt=8
Stay tuned for future posts!