It's been a while since I've written here and shared with you. I'm going to rejuvenate my interest in blogging by kicking off a new tag on my blog called geekfit.
This will be a story of my journey in rebooting my health and fitness.
What this will be:
- very opinionated
What this is not:
- a daily journal, though I will check in and perhaps even update and add to this original post
- a formula that will work for every person ever
- something you should emulate without talking to a doctor or trainer
Why am I doing this?
In 2013 I was in the best shape of my life. I ate a pretty strict Paleo diet, I ran at least three days per week, drank 64 ounces of water per day, and got as close to eight hours of sleep as I could each night.
Since that time I allowed stressful events in my life in many areas control and affect this area of my life. I am not eating very healthy these days and do not exercise very often at all. It sickens me that I've thrown away so much progress "cuz reasons". I have aspirations of helping others in this area some day, but not if I do not have myself in order first.
What is my first milestone goal?
- 165 lbs
- 15% body fat
- Run 2 miles in 18 minutes
What is the plan?
Short answer: Paleo + Couch to 5k
- Go to bed around 10pm to get eight hours of sleep
- Drink 64 ounces of water per day throughout the day
- Stick to the foods allowed by the Paleo diet for all my nutrition http://robbwolf.com/what-is-the-paleo-diet/
- Do a daily light strength workout every morning
- As many pull-ups as I can do in all three pull-up positions on my pull-up bar, two sets
- As many dips as I can do on my pull-up bar on the floor, two sets
- 10+ Pilates roll-ups (equivalent of 6 crunches each)
- 10 Back lifts laying flat on my front, to stretch and strengthen the other side of my core area
- As many pushups as I can do, two sets
- Run three days per week following the "Couch to 5k" program in the Run5k app for iOS https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/run-5k-gps-pedometer-couch/id537949100?mt=8
Today was actual day one. My first 5k training run went well. Paleo eating has been going well too, I just need to up the vegetable intact for dinner.